The Complejo Portuario Jennefer (CPJ) has an extension of 58 hectares (143 acres), between the port, the primary area and the logistics activity zone.
It has four platforms:
~ Platform 1, composed of a conveyor belt and pipes, prepared for the loading of bulk liquids and solids.
~ Platform 2, multipurpose of 11,000 m2.
~ Platform 3, multipurpose with specialty in loading project cargo and containers of 7,000 m2.
~ Platform 4, soon, of 12,000 m2. for containerized and general cargo.
It has railways and 1,600 meters of new road to facilitate logistics between land and water.
It has two deposits: one capable of storing 4,000 tons of bulk cargo and another of 1,200 m2, which can collect up to 10,000 tons of general cargo.
Our port is on 100% national waters.
It has an extensive harbour dock for ships and has a wide berthing line, which allows various operations and loads to be carried out simultaneously.
We chose a key border region, the economic capital of the country: Santa Cruz. It captures almost 70% of the Bolivian trade; hence its potential. Until now, Chile was the required stop for merchandise that had this department as destination. The new hidrovía presents an alternative full of opportunities.
Our Way Forward
We pursue the dream of regional integration of Bolivia, connecting the country with the region and with the whole world, with water as the means of transport.
The idea of the business venture was born with the purpose of transforming Bolivia’s economy and making it competitive internationally.
Cargoes experienced difficulties entering and leaving Bolivia: Imports and exports of RORO cargoes (cars and trucks), containerized cargo and project cargo (oversized), had to go through a neighboring port (mainly Chile, also Peru, Brazil or Argentina); the obstacles of foreign legislation; use of international transport (trucks) through routes with serious geomorphological difficulties.
Bolivia needed to deploy new logistics that were able to, on one hand, take its products to the international market and, on the other, to receive, directly on national soil, what the world had to offer; everything with speed, attractive costs, technology and information.
The Hidrovía is Bolivia’s great opportunity to leave its maritime isolation and develop as a country. For this reason, a Bolivian international port is an unprecedented and promising solution.
“It’s not just about opening a company, but opening a country to the world.”
- Juan Ignacio Moro
Virtual Tour of Our Port
The port is built with advanced engineering and has innovative machinery.
– The substantial dredging allows the Hidrovía to be easily navigable.
– It has three multipurpose platforms.
– It has a large deposit capacity to collect bulk cargo (storage silos) and general cargo.
We constantly provide information on the state of the load to all the involved parties (customer, customs broker, carrier, etc.).
Once the merchandise arrives at the port, you can choose to transfer it through:
– Trucks, along the safest route in the country, with uniform geography, which links the border with Santa Cruz.
– Trains, through the additional stretch that will link the deposits of the CPJ with the existing national railway line.
– We have a primary area of 7 hectares, which will function as a temporary repository of merchandise, in order to be able to separate custom times from those of the shipping company.
– The national customs have an office in the CPJ, which implies less customs bureaucracy:
– Customs transits begin in a reduced amount of time.
– Goods are nationalized in harbour making this process faster and more agile.
– We can access the merchandise and release it, in case of errors in the documentation.
– CPJ avoids the huge delays suffered by some neighboring ports.
– Local freights are used, which makes it possible to dispense of the cost of international licenses and of transfers through unfit routes.
– International requirements of foreign customs are avoided.
– The CPJ can have the merchandise in custody while the paperwork with the documentation is resolved.
We will achieve a strong impact in the Bolivian economy, with the first international port in the country, which in addition of being a terminal for loading and unloading merchandise, it has complementary services that complete industrial processes and add a differential value.
– With the reduction of time, financial costs are also diminished.
– The transfer by barge through the hidrovía significantly lower costs.
We offer a comprehensive logistics service that provides solutions for all issues related to the transfer of merchandise.
With a systemic vision of all the ports in the area, we will increase movement in neighboring ports, to boost the growth of the entire region.
Main services +
The CPJ has four port platforms suitable for five types of cargo:
1. Bulk (solid and liquid): Currently, CPJ carries out fluvial transportation of the production of soybean derivatives from Bolivia.
2. Project load: CPJ has the only platform in the country that allows moving oversized loads in volume or weight. It withstands up to 250 tons and loads that can be operated within 260 meters of the berthing front, through a road with a slope of 6%.
3. RORO loads (cars and trucks): Given that Bolivia imports one hundred percent of its cars, having a platform for this type of cargo is crucial. In addition, the RORO loads may be stored in the primary zone and nationalized when required.
4. Containers for both imports and exports.
5. General cargo
Complementary services +
With the objective of satisfying the needs of our customers in a comprehensive way, we provide services related to the port that add a distinctive value, making CPJ a regional hub:
– Deposits in the customs area.
– Deposits outside customs area, once the merchandise is nationalized.
– Consolidation of merchandise and commodities.
– Deconsolidation of merchandise.
– Loading and unloading in trucks.
– Loading and unloading in train.
– Bagging and plasticizing.
– Container cleaning.
– Container repairs.
– Reefer container terminal (intended for merchandise that requires refrigeration).
– Documentation and collections.
– Customs clearance in primary zone.
Please complete the form below and we will contact you shortly